Born 1983 in Prague, Czechia. Czech native, speaks English and Spanish. Graduated from the Unicorn University. Let’s connect on LinkedIn. Follow the Mastodon 🐘 profile. Exchange an email. Place a call +420 724 286 737.
Accumulated over 19 years of experience in analysis, architecture, operations, delivery, management & sales of Information and Communication Technology (ICT / IT). A balanced blend of Technical Customer Success Consultant, Infrastructure Engineer, DevOps, Systems & Business Analyst with the goal-oriented behaviours and networks of a Head of Technical Sales, CIO or CTO. Have worked at startups with 5–10 people & corporations with tenths of thousands employees. So far directly managed smaller teams of ~5 people for more than 5 years with outstanding results. Have been practicing Technical Sales with BANT, SPIN, Challenger Sales, MEDDIC and many other techniques of Solution Sales. What works the most is steadily growing customer trust.
Have used so far Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, Salesforce Platform but prefer self-managed PaaS. Understand the principles of software development and delivery. Code & script, mostly infrastructure as a code. Making source-code reproducible, Docker based build environments & containerized applications. Hosting own Git version control server based on Gitea. Use self-hosted Drone CI instance for CI/CD.
Using web services, microservices, CI/CD pipelines & open-source software and hardware where possible. Mostly based on Linux Debian distribution, with Docker, docker-compose or Kubernetes with some Drone CI or GitLab CI/CD on top to manage my DigitalOcean cloud deployments and self-managed local AMD, ARM or RISC-V based servers, routers & IoT. All of the above is managed from Linux terminal mostly via secure shell / SSH or even UART. Expert on Google Sheets, including many of the Google APIs, Google Apps Script that can do intermediate operations on SQL/NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL/MongoDB.
Proficient at networking, DNS, Traefik reverse proxy, Let’s Encrypt, NGINX and Apache HTTP Server. Familiar with REST APIs. Self managing all the services like this blog, web of my business ICTOI, Mastodon instance named Potla.ch, RSS reader on vesely.us, NTFY, PhotoPrism, Plausible, Miniflux, Node-RED, Matrix server at chat.use.cat, Kanboard, Apache Guacamole etc. Networking experience involves Linux-based routers and firewalls like Mikrotik RouterOS, FreshTomato, DD-WRT, OpenWRT, Yocto Project, pfSense and Debian based distributions as router / WiFi access point on Gateworks. Maintaining several Wireguard, OpenVPN & Tailscale meshes.
Maintain high technical knowledge. Make time for deep work often. Use open source. Support communities. Be open but value privacy. Be around inspiring people. Learn new skills every day. Get hired for attitude. Becoming a better person.
Work experience and achievements
Auditor / Stöger & Partner
Web: Auditor, Period: March 2023 – present, Places: Prague, Czechia, Contract type: Project based / contractor via ICTOI, Roles & responsibilities: CTO | Digitalization Specialist #Audit #Accounting #Taxes #Digitalization
- Reduce the cost of new servers by almost 20% while maintaining the same RTO, RPO and uptime, simply by optimising the required compute power, scope of delivery and redefining the utilisation range for the next 7 years of server life.
Web: Mosaic, Period: November 2022 – January 2023, Places: Prague, Czechia, mostly remote role, Contract type: Project based / contractor via ICTOI, Roles & responsibilities: Infrastructure Engineer | Technical Customer Success Consultant | Sales Engineer #AI #ComputerVision
- Streamlined the HubSpot CRM process for lead capture via homepage form, Zapier to HubSpot integration for more automated and organized inbound lead processing.
- Consolidated, rewrite and restructuralize more than 30 mostly Google Documents, Spreadsheets & Presentations covering completely Mosaic technical documentation. Moving from WYSIWIG document approach to online, self-contained, auto-build, GIT revision controlled, Markdown based with rich media files and interactive 360° panoramas. Deploying online on a self-documented VPS infrastructure as a code (IaC) stack of Debian Linux, Docker, Traefik, Drone CI, MkDocs, Material for MkDocs & NGINX. Creating a high valuable online asset for technical sales. Ready to serve almost 3 300 unique visitors a day (as of 01/2023) at Mosaic Documentation
Web: TrustSoft, Period: December 2021 – September 2022, Places: Prague, Czechia, mostly remote role, Contract type: Project based / contractor via ICTOI, Roles & responsibilities: Technical Customer Success Consultant | Senior Consultant & Analyst | Project & People Manager #AWS #Cloud
- Managed a team of 5 DevOps Engineers to deliver a scale up project of Atlassian Jira service used by approximately 30 000 users in a world largest pharma company from single node on Amazon EC2 to a multi-node / high-availability architecture using Amazon AWS (ALB, AMI, ASG, EFS, RDS, S3, SG-ALB, SG-EC2, SG-RDS, VPC, Aurora), SonarQube, JFrog Artifactory, Atlassian Jira, Confluence & Crowd, HashiCorp Terraform, Gruntwork.io Terragrunt, Jenkins / CloudBees, Ansible & Vault, Docker & docker-compose, Git & BitBucket
- Reached goal of Recovery Time Objective (RTO) of less than 8 hours and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) of 8 hours and deliver high availability, fail-over, performance increase, instant scalability, rolling upgrades & disaster recovery by distributing the traffic between multiple Jira nodes, upgrading to the latest Jira Enterprise version, using Terraform for the infrastructure setup, switching to Aurora DB
Web: Simple Hardware, Period: February 2019 – September 2021, Places: Prague, Czechia, travels around the globe, Contract type: Contractor via ICTOI, Roles & responsibilities: Head of IT / Chief Information Officer (CIO) | Infrastructure Engineer | Head of Device Production Process | Co-owner #IoT #AI
- Co-managed, developed and executed the growth of product portfolio from 1 to 8 products with hundreds of product variants
- Co-developed and managed a parallelized hardware & software production line capable of delivering hundreds of devices a day on multiple product lines with central credentials management database that produced more than 53 860 devices as of 08/2021
- Negotiated #IoT device sales, project implementation & project rollout, presentations and sales event public speeches, business development that helped to push opportunities to the later stages for the following clients: Česká spořitelna, Direct pojišťovna, Kyocera Communication Systems (KCCS), Japan and many others.
- Directly sold and/or directly helped in a team to increase the number of B2B partners from 0 to 419 (as of 05/2020) in more than 60 countries around the globe in less than 2 years
- Prepared and updated sales and marketing presentation that have been used in sales process for key clients and channel partners all over the globe
- Co-managed and executed successful Simple Hardware seed funding campaign via Fundlift platform for 6M CZK (~265k USD) extended to 200% of the original target to 12M CZK (~530k USD) funded by 323 investors
- Deployed and managed product & services documentation and knowledge base on a stack of Linux, Docker, Traefik, MkDocs, Material for MkDocs
- Created and managed to deploy and run into production a highly structural, modular & versioned manufacturing documentation based on Markdown & Pandoc to PDF generators for 4 products with tenths of product variants
SimpleCell Networks / HELIOT Europe
Web: Sigfox, Period: February 2017 – February 2019, Places: Prague, Czechia / Lausanne, Switzerland, Contract type: Contractor via ICTOI, Roles & responsibilities: Head of Sales (CSO) | Technical Customer Success Consultant | Sales Engineering #IoT
- Achieved directly or with help of managed sales team (as of 11/2018): 32 356 activated Sigfox devices, 471 unique contracts / customers, 8.3 million CZK (~366k USD) committed volume on subscriptions
- Streamlined completely the technical sales, quoting process, sales pipeline of Sigfox #IoT in Czechia
- Negotiated subscriptions, implementation & change management contracts, presentations and sales event public speeches, business development that helped to push opportunities to the later stages for the following clients: Česká spořitelna, Direct pojišťovna, SECURITAS Direct, EY, VEKRA, Stabilplastik, innogy Energie, T-Mobile Czech, ČEZ ICT Services, IoT.water, ČD - Telematika, CleverFarm, COMET SYSTEM, UNIS, Etnetera AppSatori, GORDIC, AIMTEC, eMan, Sensoneo, Protronix, ELKO EP, ADASTRA etc.
- Co-organized and significantly contributed to the invitation process, marketing and direct sales on the Sigfox World IoT Expo 2017 in Prague on the 26th & 27th of September 2017
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Polska
Web: PwC, Period: November 2014 – January 2017, Places: Prague, Czechia / Warsaw, Poland, Contract type: Contractor via ICTOI, Roles & responsibilities: Salesforce.com Technical Delivery Lead | Sales Engineer | Business Development Manager #Salesforce.com #Cloud
- Reached turn-over point for the subsidiary in 48 months with 4 people on board and physical offices
- Hired core Czech Salesforce projects consulting & delivery team consisting of Martin HUMPOLEC Salesforce Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA), Temple HOFF & Lukas RAZIM
- Negotiated subscriptions, implementation & change management contracts, presentations and sales event public speeches, business development that helped to push opportunities to the later stages in the sales pipeline for the following clients: LINET, Equa Bank, DameJidlo.cz, PSN, YSoft, CZC, IT Talents, Favorit, MICOS, Zetor, KRUK, Trenkwalder Group, IZOMAT etc.
- Signature of commercial contracts and delivery for the following clients: Edwards Lifesciences Czech, Veolia Energie ČR, Muziker, IT Talents, TIPSPORT, TIPSPORT, České překlady, Fichtner, IPEX, etc.
- Setting up the office for 5 people in The Dancing House
Web: Netmail (now Revolgy), Period: May 2013 – December 2014, Places: Prague, Czechia, Contract type: Contractor as freelancer, Roles & responsibilities: Technical Customer Success Consultant | Sales Engineer | Google Apps Script Lecturer #Google #Cloud
- Directly sold and/or directly helped in a team that increased a number of unique sold domains of Google Workspace from 140 on 5/2013 to 390 on 7/2014 and a number of sold subscriptions from 5 000 on the May 2013 to 20 300 on the July 2014
- Introduced and conducted new Google Apps Script Training service that contributed 7 900 USD to revenue in less than 2 quarters of year 2014
- Prepared and maintained see–think–do driven sales and marketing presentation templates that have been used in sales process for key clients and served as personalized offers by all sales representatives within Netmail
- Directly presented in more than 30 board member meetings / wide C-level audience presentations for the biggest Czech companies
- Trained more than 140 participants in Google Apps Script and Google Spreadsheets for top Czech companies like: Česká spořitelna, Veolia, Copy General, Economia, BTL, etc.
- Negotiated subscriptions, implementation & change management contracts, product and application development that helped to acquire or deliver products and services to the following clients: Česká spořitelna, Kofola, CZC, H1, Donauchem, ANNONCE, Wine Food Market, FG Forrest, Centrum Holdings, etc.